Resident Policy The following guidelines will be used in evaluating your application for residency. All items below must be met in order for your application to be approved. There is a $45.00 NON-REFUNDABLE application fee per responsible, qualifying applicant(s) to pull their individual credit file(s). Please review this information before filling out an application and paying a $45.00 fee for application verification, which is stated to be NON-REFUNDABLE.
- ALL ADULTS must complete a rental application for criminal background, eviction/residency and credit history. NOTE: YOUR INCOME MUST BE THREE TIMES THE MONTHLY RENT.
- Employment Verification: We would like to be able to verify at least (1) year of consecutive employment. If you have been with your current employer for less than (1) year, we will need previous employment information to verify. (We may require current paystubs or tax records for verification). If you are self-employed, we require previous year’s income tax return(s) or a current DBA document for verification. If you are unemployed, you must provide proof of source of income.
- Financial Assistance: Social Security and Child Support or Alimony must have supporting documentation if such income is included in your gross income.
- Rental History: Please provide rental references from a reality, mortgage and /or apartment community. If your records show an eviction or suit for any lease violation, which has not been satisfactorily resolved, we may reject your application.
- Credit History: Your credit record MUST currently be satisfactory. All collections for student loans, utilities that are unpaid, medical bills, or recently established credit will be reviewed on an individual bases only. An additional deposit may be required if Manager deems necessary.
- Criminal History: If you have been convicted of any felonies in the past (5) years, WE WILL REJECT YOUR APPLICATION. If you have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving dishonesty, sexual offenses, violence, or drugs, we may reject your application.
- All person(s) applying for an apartment must reside in the apartment.
Apartment Availability Policy: Apartments become available when they are ready to rent. A vacant apartment will not be deemed available until it has been repainted, cleaned and prepared for a new resident. We update our list of available apartments as each apartment becomes available. An apartment that was unavailable in the morning may become available later the same day. Occupancy Guidelines: To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in an apartment. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all Fair Housing Laws. An Applicant could be denied due to, but not limited to, the following:
- Applicant(s) falsifies information on the application(s).
- The name(s), address(s), and telephone number(s) of the past or present Landlord are not properly supplied by the Applicant(s).
- Applicant(s) does not supply rental references that can be properly verified.
- Applicant(s) have negative Credit History.
- Employment cannot be verified.
- Applicant(s) have negative Rental History or has been evicted.
- Applicant(s) with a Criminal History.
A Current Photo ID and copy of your Social Security Card must be provided with Application. A $125.00 Re-Furbishing Fee is required, as is the Security Deposit of $125.00. ALL FEES MUST BE PAID IN THE FORM OF A MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO: BAYTREE APARTMENTS.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY HOUSING PROVIDER; WE WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY PERSON BASED ON RACE, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, FAMILIAL STAUS OR ANY HANDICAP(S). WE COMPLY WITH THE FEDERAL FAIR HOUSING ACT AS WELL AS ALL LOCAL AND STATE FAIR HOUSING LAWS.